As you might have noticed by my last 2 emails, my theme for this month is “Spoil Yourself”.
You also might be wondering: why I would tell you do do that?
The reason is the more you take care of yourself, the more you feel better and the better you are at taking care of others.
Last week I mentioned giving yourself things you love, this week I urge you to give your BODY what it loves,
or even better yet… what it deserves.
Our body does everything for us, so why wouldn’t we do everything for it?
Here are 5 tips on how you can Spoil your body today:
1) See an Acupuncturist, Chiropractor, Massage Therapist or other alternative health care practitioner, to give your body a quick natural tune up to make sure your body is functioning at its peak performance. (We do it for our cars, right?)
2) Choose healthier foods. It is true that we are what we eat. So look for naturally based foods that feed your brain and give you energy.
3) Get enough rest. Sleep is the time your body needs to recharge and heal itself. It is VERY critical for your body’s health and also your mental health to give yourself that time.
4) Exercise, walk or dance on a regular basis. Your body is meant to move. If you have a sedentary job where you sit all day, this one is especially important. You lose what you don’t use. Muscles that stay tight for long periods of time, sometimes stay that way causing chronic pain.
5) Hug your loved ones. One of the things our body loves the most is physical touch. It is the oldest form of medicine. When you share love with others, you also share love for yourself.
I think my favorite from this list is #5. I love getting hugs from my family as well as my friends.
That is why I am so grateful for clients like you.
You may not know this, but your purchases always go towards funding for my monthly women’s group, ‘A Women’s Journey’. It is not only a place where I get to share hugs on a regular basis but I also get to offer a free space for women to get together and share their stories, support one another, learn and grow.
You give me the chance every month to spoil myself, so…
So go ahead, SPOIL YOURSELF! You deserve it.